External providers could include the organization’s corporate headquarters, associate companies, suppliers, or someone to whom the organization has outsourced a process.
The organization should determine:
a) which internal processes interact with externally provided processes and the effect this provision has on operational performance;
b) which externally provided materials, components or services form part of the final product or service, or are critical for product or service provision.
- Enter the (Business) Name of external provider
- Select a product/service from the list (see Requirements of Products & Services subsection in ISOmanage) which is provided by external provider.
- Select a process from the list (see Processes subsection in ISOmanage) which is provided by external provider.
- Determine in which area provided product/service/process is applied.
- Enter relevant contact information of provider.